Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quote for the day:
 "The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with."   Marty Feldman
I have had some nice comments about my blog and my bags, so thanks everyone.  I have been working on some new designs and toiling also on a couple of bag tutorials that are easy to follow. Nothing frustrates me more than paying over $20 for a pattern and then finding that there is in fact no pattern included and you have to cut it out yourself by the measurements given - okay for the advanced bag-maker but guaranteed to have the beginner/intermediate sewer curled up in the foetal position or tearing their hair out in frustration. Much work goes into writing a tutorial/pattern, then the testing process to make sure it all works and is clear to follow. Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted about them.


Meanwhile my bags can be found on the Flash Harry Designs Facebook page, and at Gathering shop in Newstead, Victoria - the link to the shop is on my FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=54846&id=209298059090478&success=2&failure=0#!/pages/Flash-Harry-Designs/209298059090478

My new design is called Misty Blue 2-button Bag. 

No comments: