Sunday, May 3, 2015

Evening Clutch for a tropical wedding

...soooo I was recently a guest at a wedding in Queensland.  I found the perfect outfit, the perfect shoes etc. but couldn't find a clutch in a particular shade of purple to match my dress.  These are the sort of challenges I revel in, so I decided to make the clutch myself in a gorgeous satin fabric from my local Lincraft store. I was a bit daunted by the slippery fabric but I'm pleased that it turned out so well. I have featured it as this months' blog pic.  It is lined in a similar, but not so slippery, fabric and has a magnetic catch under the flap.

I couldn't find a suitable 'evening' button that wasn't tizzy so I decided to go with a rectangular piece of bag hardware artfully secured with wire.



The pic shows it as a little too blue, but in fact it is the exact purple in the dress it sits on top of.

I love the edge stitching detail
Tell me what you think.



No comments: