My fantasy work space would have:
- Shiny racks for hanging all my materials in colour-coordinated splendour (currently threatening to burst out of their plastic box-on-wheels under the trestle table)
- A large corkboard combination whiteboard where I could try out colours of fabric swatches against zips, braids and ric rac (momentarily all shoved into various sized shoe boxes on an overhead shelf).
- Storage for voluminous metres of snowy interfacings and pellon (stuffed into the spare room wardrobe)
- A designer chair for sewing that doesn't make a "clunk" sound whenever I madly careen around the room (think pinball machine) from sewing machine to trestle, to ironing board and back again (do I sound mad yet?)
- Storage for all my finished bags and hats, and then some
- Buttons in colour-coordinated containers at the ready (hang on, I already have those, I am a Virgo after all)
- An iPod dock for music while I work
- While we're at it, an Espresso machine (we are talking fantasy here)
- A computer desk for composing my blog and downloading photos of my creations.
- There's probably more I can dream up, I'll keep you posted.
What would your dream space be? For reading, writing, drawing, dreaming, creating or sewing?
I'd like to hear from you, please reply.