Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a scorcher in Victoria today...

Would you believe it's forty (yes 40c) degrees in the shade in Melbourne today and the Ballarat temperature is climbing rapidly also.  Most people are sensible enough to stay indoors, except 2 of my children who will be sweating it out at the Falls Festival at Lorne (the Great Ocean Road on the coast for non-Aussies) on their last day of seven days working there.  Remember the sunscreen as you pack up your tents please Lyle and Jacquie.

And a big hi and Happy New Year to all.  It's been ages since I posted and I so apologise for that.  It's been a hectic year and I'm afraid I poured all my energies over the latter half of 2011 into devising a Christmas blog, and also sewing and preparing stock for a) the shop and b) the Ballarat Main Road market stall.  But I'm pleased with my efforts this year and now that I have had a lovely break of 10 or more days over Christmas, I can feel my enthusiasm coming back for creating new bags. 

It all goes on in my head of course and I'm thankful that I've inherited my father's brain in that I can work things out in my mind quite logically before it translates onto paper.  Unfortunately I didn't inherit the bit that is good at maths, although just good enough for all things bag-gy and creative.

So watch this space as I will be posting more bags soon...  Take care over the holidays

No comments: