Friday, August 24, 2012

Online sewing tutorial, Miranda Hart & a new bag

Hi all, Yes I'm back blogging.  Unfortunately copious amounts of sewing and computer mouse-ing have taken their toll and given me tendonitis in both arms (quel drag!) but I'm slowly easing back into it.
I'm also quite over-excited about my new laptop and faster broadband which as we all know makes for a happier web experience!

Anyway, I came across this website today and thought it was such a good idea I couldn't help sharing it.  I promise that I don't have any affiliation with these people and am only sharing it in the spirit of good-natured promotion of an innovative service.

An online sewing course is such a great idea for those who would prefer to learn to sew in the comfort of their own home and more importantly, at the time of their choosing. (Also you can make mistakes and no-one will laugh at you)  Here is the link for all you potential sewers out there who have always wanted to learn to sew but didn't have the courage.  

http://sewschool.com.au/

Okay, back to my own little part of the sewing world.  I am currently sewing another travel bag for a friend who has chosen a sexy red fabric for her bag.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  Remember this prototype?



Yes, this travel bag is patiently waiting for October so it can  board the plane for Spain (do I hear a song coming on?)  Okay, yes, I tend to channel my inner Miranda  and for most occasions I do tend to have a song at the ready. 
If you haven't already please check out this "best of" Miranda, one of the funnest TV shows out there.

Are you with me?, here we go, "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the Plain" cha cha cha cha cha!  I'm saving that one up for some unsuspecting Spaniard!  For the uninitiated, think Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. 

I love it when Wikipedia correct us all with such sober statements as:

"Spanish rain does not actually stay mainly in the plain. It falls mainly in the northern mountains"

The_Rain_in_Spain
Go Wiki !  It feels a bit like being corrected by your maiden Aunt or your granny.

-----------------
On a completely different tack (get it!)  I picked up these gorgeous drawing pins for my notice board from a shop I discovered in Melbourne, called Typo, which sells all kinds of interesting things.
http://shop.cottonon.com/typo/make-and-create/





And.....I recently took delivery from my lovely man in Hong Kong of these beautiful sliders - you need these to make adjustable straps and they match my silver rectangle rings.  I also adore the fabric they are displayed on - perfect for a travel bag don't you think?


Well, it's back to the drawing board for me
signing off
the Flash

No comments: